Ad

Monday, January 21, 2008

Overcome

Interview, interview & interview...
Went through it few times , some rejected, some no reply.

Off course it was exciting to go for the 1st interview, but after a few times, you will get bored of it, practically answering most of the same question. =|

Went to one of the walk-in interview in P.J., not to mention the company name, but it was a big international company. I did saw the advertisement for the walk-in interview, but the various job vacancy offered required at least 2-3 years working experience, some even more hebat 5-7 years of working experience.

So this company called me up to attend the walk-in interview, firstly I was surprised because walk-in interview are suppose to be those hero people who have ample of working experience.

Since I'm a fresh graduate and they called me for this kind of interview, why not give a try right? Nothing to lose by the way.

Went there, GOSH!!! So many those hebat people, some with 10 years working experience. *cause I overheard one of the conversation when the clerk asking about their years of working experience*.

Some you can see those senior people in the room waiting to be interview, you will somehow know they have been there in their career line by looking at their appearance and clothing they wore. There are some young ones but mostly have working experience, I guess I am the only one there "fresh".

I have to sit for a test, some maths and programming test... ahdui I can't really answer...the last time I did my programming test was a year ago... you know larh after exam all wash away =P... for those hebat people especially those senior ones they just siting down in the waiting room and reading newspaper, while "fresh" people like me have to sit for the test T_T....

Waited for 2 hours for my turn to be interviewed, it didn't last long, just 10 minutes I guess... GOSH!!! Yah man 10 mins only... because the manager said that I doesn't have the skills and work experience to be here...

I was like saying to myself "what on earth I am doing here?" Even in the beginning I already knew I was in the wrong room, feeling so pressured with the hebat people around me in. I believe some are managers from other companies trying to apply to get the job in this company.

Of course I felt discourage but hey!, that's the small part of reality I am starting to face now before I'm employed by any kind soul hearted employer from this fresh graduate boy.

Man... the world outside there is so competitive, everyone is trying to get into the best company, a better job with better pay, better benefits and the list goes on. Is like 200 people trying to get 1 empty vacancy in that company.

I really had no idea why am I being called there tho, is a good experience with the pressure around me but I don't feel good being in the 'waiting room' with the experience workers seeking for job in that company.

Really felt like a "useless" person that time, with a general degree, no work experience and not much skills to "boast" about. Of course I don't felt that way all the time, just that moment I can't see where am I fitting in.

Yeah... that's life man, nothing comes easy... everyone have to work hard on it. Was quite discourage tho when the thought about the interview came back into my mind, during the Sunday church service yesterday morning.

So I asked God "Please speak to me something, I'm expecting something from You, I don't want to feel like this the whole day". After praise and worship service, the church Elder went up and said "Today I will speak about Overcoming Discouragement"

O_O stoned awhile!!! Wow... He does really spoke to me back... The message by the elder was timely and it really does refresh me... and yah man... at least I know I'm not walking alone tho =)

Well I guess I have to keep trusting in Him and keep trying (& praying) till something happens.

Thank You Lord for the bad times and also for the good times too.

"The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him." - Nahum 1:7

4 comments:

-L- said...

Hey!! So cool, get to experience stuff, don't be discouraged, it all the more proves that you need to be where you are for God to use you fully!! He'll will show you the way, just trust man, i'll pray for you!

Anonymous said...

yo cheerie..one thing they always tell me is that the more interviews you go to, the better you'll get!!

Like one of the talks i went to said that he went for 10 interviews and got rejected (you won't kena so many la) for all 10, but at the end he was like sooo pro at it!

Haha...u gather experience already, when it's my turn pls teach me!!! All the best hehehe!

Anonymous said...

first off, its typical for a person to be stranded, applying for jobs on a very long period.

like u said competitive. nevertheless, you do ur best and God will do the rest. :)

jimmytch said...

lordson: hey bro, thanx for praying for me, really need prayer =)

ppl: hehe wait till I attend my 10th interview ya =P ... touch wood!!!... lol btw I will I will... hehe

gagagavin: yep agreed... always trust in Him

Ad