Ad

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Strengths & weaknesses

Suppose to be stuying but no inspiration... haih...
Hehe by the way, so I shall blog =)

Went to watch a movie early this month I guess. A local movie called SUMOlah!. Actor like Gurmit Singh a.k.a Puah Chu Kang, Patrick Teoh, Afdlin Shauki & DLL (dan lain-lain) =P are in the show.

It was quite an interesting movie, especially for Malaysia production, I think is was good, not as good as Hollywood production but non the less it was entertaining and meaningful. Was a comedy movie plus a bit of Malaysian culture.

Often I don't really bother much about Malaysian movies, sometimes I don't even notice there are such movie in the cinema, just passing by busy looking for the new upcoming Hollywood/English movie timing whether on the news paper, Internet and etceteras.

I guess is good to watch local movies once in awhile, especially when with the BM language in the show, like how we talk or hear our Malays friend speak with each other, not the proper BM we always learn in the school. With the BM slang they use in the show, it was quiet funny and ya... it remind me of the time in secondary school, whereby talking with my some of my Malays friends and my BM was like so bad... lol... do really miss those time.

Well I won't be giving a review about the show here, but there is one part of the show I would like to share about. There this Malay actor, I don't remembered his name, in this scene he was talking to this Chinese actor, Patrick Teoh, during the conversation there is this part really catch my attention, not really the exact word they said but the meaning is there, it goes something like this: (those who watch it already, if I am wrong please tell me... hehe)

Malay guy: Gua punye orang, malas kerja punye, haih macam manalah nak maju.
Chinese guy: Orang gua pun bukannye semua baik.

At first I was like wow!, that Malay person do really said that about his own race, I was surprise for a Malay director to able to let the Malay guy to say such thing about their own races in the movie.

But what really catch me is regarding the conversation between both the Chinese and Malay guy. With some thought about the show, I realized that scene gave me an impression about admitting and accepting each other weaknesses, whether regarding our races, education, background, status and etceteras.

I realised that sometimes we ourself are so proud about who we are, with the strength that we possess or gain, we use it by looking down on other people through their weaknesses without realizing that we ourself does have our own weaknesses in different aspect of our life too.

Even when the part where the Malay actor was saying this line "Gua punye orang, malas kerja punye, haih macam manala nak maju." In my heart I was agreeing with that statement (It was not really a good thing tho). Then when the Chinese actor said "Orang gua pun bukannye semua baik." From agreeing the previous statement made by the Malay actor, all of sudden I being struck by the Chinese actor's statement, realizing how judgmental I am without thinking that I my own self also have my own weaknesses.

Well I guess living in this community, especially in the busy environment, rushing for stuff to be done, dead lines and etceteras, we still need people around us especially friends, whether they are from different races, background, status, gender and other attributes, we need encouragement and support from each other, and most importantly realizing and admitting our weaknesses by letting other people's strength to build us up and vice versa. Using our own strength for only our own self will not bring much positive environment in our life. Last but not least we still need God as our strength too (^_^).

I think it also shows that by admitting our own weaknesses and accepting each other's weaknesses, it bring the community together to strife and work on together with a goal, without being looking down on the weaknesses in each and everyone. Sometimes we are so focus on our own strength and other people's weaknesses to much, we are blinded without realizing about our own weaknesses and other people's strength.

Hehe by the way, it was one of the few posts that I do really share about "Serious" topic. Ya... so this is my few cents of sharing, hope that you understand what I'm trying to said, cause if you realised my English not really the powder-full after all, one of me weaknesses =P... shhh... got more one, you want to know? Spend me fine dine =P ... lol

But ya, Malaysia production not that bad after all.
Got Hope =)

No comments:

Ad