Ad

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Gaming for all

Was playing DotA then my friend called.
The conversation goes like that (can't remember exactly)...

Jo Ee: Jimmy, you free on 26-27th?

Me: Er... (being skeptical) why ah?

Jo Ee: You want to work?

Me: Work ar? Where and how much? (money matters...lol)

Jo Ee: At WGT... one day RM XXX... location One Utama new wing.

Me: Wah, serious? WGT? isn't it some cyber games like World Cyber Games (WCG)?

Jo Ee: Yep yep is the same just different sponsor and organizer.

Me: Ah, interesting, wait let me check my schedule (you know la me busy, hehe).... eh can lah... but ah what am I suppose to do?

Jo Ee: Oh, simple wan, you will be taking care of Need For Speed gaming area. Just watch them play and make sure they don't cheat or whatsoever? Then after the tournament you can play the game all you wan... work from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.. but most of the time you will play game more than work... hehe

Me: Wah so cool, ok lah can can... confirm lah... I'm in.

Jo Ee: Ok I will pass you your shirt and your tag on that day ya?

Me: Ok lah, see you then.

Then... on that day... I see my tag... it stated...























Wah!!! I thought just see people play game thats all, but actually I am the one with the power to decide who I want to make them be the champion or loser... haha jk jk.

My responsibility not only to see people play game but do take down score/result and make the 'call' in case of any unwanted situation arise during the competition. Haha sound so cool right. I like it =)

Woot!!! Yes yes, I'm one of the World GameMaster Tournament(WGT) marshal for Need For Speed (NFS): Carbon... start your engine... Ready! Set! Go!...vroom vroom vroom... race race race... drift drift drift!!!


















Basically my job is very simple, but was quite tiring on the 1st day of work, so many participants and have to keep track of the score. Thank God I was only in charge of NFS area, cause it ended around quite early though, around 4pm. Other area such as Warcraft III, Counter Strike and FIFA it ended quite late... at least during dinner time.

so 4-10pm do what?


















Play game loh, practically most of the time playing game, lazy to walk around in One Utama, kinda tired and leg wan patah already. Walking around the NFS gaming area to check around.

Wah the LCD screen gila HUGE, 22' inch LCD screen, gosh... I like the LCD screen so much... feel like stealing it back home... but..


















to many to steal lah, I need at least a van to fit all my stolen goods...my Small Little Kancil (SLK) can't fit all... haha

The second/last day was pretty relaxing too, the top 16 participants will start racing each other at 12pm-4pm. So 10am-12pm play game, 4pm-10pm play game, but after awhile get bored of it, cause is quite tiring if you keep staring on that HUGE LCD screen and my eye going to pop out soon.
(O_0)

Oh ya! The computer casing quite cool also...
you press on it...


















then...























tada!!! fuh yoh... so kuasa man...
That moment I felt like David Copperfield... hahaha!!!
(I'm like from stone age)

There are few participants that surprised me...



















Wow!!! Who say girls don't play game ah??? Hehe...



















This small little boy, enter the top 16 round, gosh... suddenly I feel like a big loser... haha jk jk.. he lost in the top 16 round but all the marshal was clapping for him after the game.

Respect him man... the boy so kuasa!!!

Another one was this guy, he sat down on one of the PCs,
then he asked me...
"erm, marshal can help me set up the setting ar?"
So I helped him to set up the game profile etc. ...
Then he asked again
"can
help me choose some fast car ah?".
I was like "huh! (-_-)".
The guy said
"hehe, sorry ah, I don't know anything,
first time play
oh" <--- ???

=_="""

Wah swt man!!!... I going to faint already that time...
Haha aiyo clown joker lah him...
He join the tournament without knowing anything about the game... Memang mega kuasa lah him...
so funny... lol

















Ops! major minor distraction.
Major disaster distraction coming soon...

This was the first ever WGT event was held, but there are quite a number of gamers participate.

You will be quite amazed with the weird/unique things they do there beside competing with each other for the grand prize... most of them prefer to bring their own gears or "gears" for the tournament...

For example...
















The real gamers gears...
Their own headphone, keyboard & mouse...


















Using his chemistry paper as a mouse pad???
He must be missing his chemistry exam till he brought it to WGT...
=_="""


















Multitasking? Hero lah this guy...


















Serious gamers...

































Serious seriously...
I really really really meant serious
HARDROCK CAFE HARDCORE gamer!!!
His mouse pad so HUGE!!! Memang hardcore...
O_O"



















Serious seriously...
I really really really meant serious....
"SOFT" core gamer!!!
Why? Look on the top center of the pix,
There is a yellow soft TOY there,
usually it act as a "charm" for the gamers.
=_="

Remember I said about major distraction coming soon?

















Fuh! really major disaster distraction to me...
Not the guy lah of course, the girls behind there... lol
This guy, he won a white portable hard disk...
The pretty girl that holding the white colour thing...

Both the two little kids must be thinking,
"oh no! It must be so challenging for me to stay single"

lol... maybe maybe...

wasted... didn't ask their phone numbers... aih....
memang disaster... haha jk...

who said computer games are boring?
even girls, small boys/girls & men girl models are excited about it...
anyone can come join and play... lol

no age limit too...


















Even uncle also play Counter Strike leh...

How about you?

Haha have a nice week ya,
I better stop blogging.
GOSH 3 hours to post up this blog!!!
Internet slow to upload pix. GRRR!!!

Signing off.

No comments:

Ad